Have you been waking up in the morning consistently on the wrong side of the bed? Do you find yourself in the morning irritable, grumpy and still tired paired with an aching neck or back?
If you answered yes to any of those questions, then it may be time for you to get a new mattress topper! You see, since not everyone can afford a brand spanking new mattress every time their back starts to hurt from tossing and turning all night. But stop letting your sleep suffer because of your checkbook.
No matter your budget, the mattress toppers listed below will easily help you to have a calmer, cozier and more cushioning nights’ rest.
For those who are unaware, a mattress topper is known to lie on top of your mattress, making the bed either firmer or softer depending on the sleepers preferences. Keep in mind, there is a difference between a mattress pad and a mattress topper. A mattress pad serves to protect the mattress, doing very little to actually help your quality of sleep. Thus, we will only be talking about the latter today.
Laying on top of the mattress to make it more comfortable, mattress toppers are a great way to personalize your bed without changing that expensive (and heavy) mattress underneath. The proper mattress topper can revolutionize your sleep and completely rejuvenate an old, worn-out mattress.
The important thing to know (and the whole point of getting a mattress topper in the first place) is to improve your overall quality of your sleep. I mean, doesn’t feeling more resting all the time sound better?
Of course, it does!
And I’m here to help you pick that perfect mattress topper for your bed, because trust me everyone deserves to sleep this heavenly.
How We Chose Our Ratings
The best mattress toppers of 2018 are listed below with each recommendation stemming from extensive research, soulful searching and reading countless customer-verified reviews. With each review being based off of a genuine experience, instead of simply silly opinions.
Each mattress topper touched on feature excellent ratings and satisfaction statistics, absolutely ensuring an increase in your quality of sleep should you choose any of these options. As the best of the best mattress toppers, each has scored very high all across the board.
With each specific mattress topper uniquely created with the customer in mind, these products are guaranteed to be both reputable and satisfactory.
Now it’s time for you to decide which type of mattress topper will fulfill all your sleeping needs. Keep in mind, that just because these are the highest rated mattress toppers doesn’t mean that they will necessarily be the top option for your personal sleeping needs.
Everyone is different and has different wants and needs when it comes to sleeping, so it’s only fair that each mattress topper purchase be well thought out and customized to your specific preferences.
5 Best Mattresses Toppers for All Sleeping Preferences
All of the best mattress toppers have been listed below. Each one is unique and has different design elements that helps it to stand out from cheaper made unlisted mattress topper brands.
This is quite possibly one of the most decadent and cushy mattress toppers that I have ever experienced in my life. Like seriously, I just wanted to buy a couple of those bad boys and stack them on one another to create an entire bed out of them! Not kidding, this is how fabulously melt-in-the-floor of an experience that I had.
Surprisingly for how soft of a mattress topper this is, it’s also super supportive. The topper is infused with gel material to capture and distribute heat for a colder memory foam experience. With a ventilated design to improve breathability and airflow, this mattress will perfectly conform to your body alleviating pressure points all while keeping you cool.
This mattress topper has a thick gel foam top that distributes weight evenly throughout the body to alleviate chronic aches and pain, providing sleepers with a dreamy experience, not to mention pocketbook friendly bedding option. This memory foam option is also infused with cooling gel and the King mattress topper measures 75 inches by 79 inches.
Okay first off, this mattress topper is not only lavender colored but it is also lavender scented. As a person who is super into smells, this is a huge mattress topper turn on! This mattress topper is textured to reduce pressure, tossing and turning throughout the night. It has cleverly been divided into five zones so that the best support and ventilation possible can be provided while the mattress is also able to stay soft to the touch, light and responsive.
This 100% all natural topper was made by Sleep on Latex and is a very high quality latex foam mattress topper. The topper is hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial, and dust mite resistant making it the perfect option for those who suffer from allergies. Working to keep your body temperature cooled down, this product will naturally support you, while also remaining comfortable no matter what your preferred sleeping position is. Another unique factor about the Pure Green mattress topper is that it comes in a range of thickness options, so that each person can find the perfect fit for them.
This hypoallergenic memory foam mattress topper is said to help your spine to maintain its natural curvature. Contouring to your body and offering more support than regular latex, this mattress topper has been enhanced with an open-cell structure permitting cool air to flow through the foam. The topper also helps to absorb movement throughout the night so that you’ll find yourself tossing and turning less. Your partner will thank you too, as you’ll be able to provide them with a night of trouble-free sleep.
I caution you all to keep in mind that each of the mattress toppers listed above are known for being durable, comfy and cooling. These heavy duty mattress toppers aren’t just your run of the mill Walmart eggshell finds. These toppers all come with customer satisfaction guarantees, excellent warranties and an overall highly extended life expectancy.
Making this purchase will be well worth all of your sleeping wonders.
Warranty: 3 years
Warranty: 3 years
Warranty: 3 years
Warranty: 10 yearsPrice:
Warranty: Lifetime (Awesome!)
The Buyers Guide to Getting the Best Mattress Topper
The perfect mattress topper for you, could be an absolute uncomfortable sleeping nightmare for me. Which is why it’s so important to consider all of your own personal preferences, needs and desires before adding one of these mattress toppers to your cart and clicking the order button.
- Thickness: Mattress toppers tend to fall in a density range between 2 and 8 inches thick. If your goal is to bring a drab old mattress back to life, you’re a side sleeper or you weigh more than average then you may need to be looking at some thicker options. The density of the topper is also used for figuring out how much support it will provide. The materials known for the best range of thickness (and support) are latex and memory foam.
- Support: If you’ve got back or limb pain then support is the name of your game. As mentioned above memory foam and latex are going to become your best friends, as they tend to be more effective than other materials. They are known for helping to hold the shape of your body while supporting your natural sleeping pose.
- Comfort: The whole point of getting a mattress topper is to add comfort to your bed. However, the amount of softness you are adding is completely dependent on your preferences. If you just want something to mold your body, then still stick with latex or low density memory foam. However, if you crave that sleeping in a cloud feel like myself then you will most likely prefer a more naturally soft material such as cotton or down.
- Body Heat: While memory foam and latex have been mentioned above for having other benefits, these mattress toppers are known to retain the most body heat. Down, wool and feather mattress toppers tend to be the most popular option for all-year constant use, because they are able to provide warmth during the winter while also cooling and reducing heat during the summer.
- Ease of Movement and Cleaning: I know what you’re thinking. What the heck, you’re trying to convince me to buy a mattress topper and now you’re already talking to me about getting it cleaned?!
- Shush up okay, I just want to make sure to cover all bases before it’s time to make a purchase.
- It’s important to keep in mind that all of these toppers still have to be removed from their packaging, placed in the desirable room of the house and mounted onto your mattress. Therefore, I believe it’s also important to talk about the weight and movability of these mattress toppers.
- Feather, down and cotton mattress toppers are the lightest and easiest to move with memory foam and latex toppers being a royal pain in the behind to get set-up. The catch 22 is that feather and down mattress toppers are also the hardest to clean, while the others are not.
- All of the above listed points are things to keep in mind and take into consideration before purchasing your new mattress topper.
Mattress Top Your Way to the Best Sleep of Your Life
We hope this guide has provided you with some handy insight on why, how and what type of mattress topper you should get for your bed.
Making the decision to just-do-it will seriously revolutionize your life because you will be able to wake up feeling refreshed. No more tired mornings, cricks in your neck or aches in your back from tossing and turning all night. Receiving actual quality sleep will give you a high like no other, as you’ll wake up in the morning full of energy and ready to take on whatever the day throws your way.
Trust me, adding a mattress topper to your bed might just be the best decision you make all 2018. Your entire body, sleep cycle and overall quality of life will thank you for making this seemingly pain-free decision.
All this sleep talk has me itching to hop back into my mattress topped bed and get all cozied up. Which is exactly what I think I’ll do.
I hope this helped you all and I’ll catch you guys later, I’m about to go take a nap! 😉
Which mattress topper stood out to you the most? We would love to hear from you!