Best Travel Pillow 2019
Picking a travel pillow is an all-important decision. As an item that provides you with much-needed comfort during any excursion, getting the right travel pillow is an important process. Thankfully, we’ve picked out some of the best travel pillows you can get your hands on. Read on to see our top picks of the best travel pillow of 2019!
Cabeau Evolution Pillow
So the first travel pillow on our list is the Cabeau Evolution Travel Pillow. When you get your hands on it, you’ll see that it's really nice and plush. It's also made of memory foam, which is really soft, and the outer cover is soft as well.
As you may expect, it's your normal U-shaped pillow, although there’s a clip included that helps to secure the pillow and make sure it doesn’t fall off – it's actually really supportive of the head.
When you lean over it's perfectly fine, so you can sleep in a wide variety of positions. Cabeau also recommend that you wear it backwards, so that your head won’t slip down, although we did find this rather restraining, almost like a neck brace. We don't really like it like that but, you can try it to see if it suits you.
On top of that, there is a nice phone pocket too, so you can take your iPhone or Android, slip it in there, and then put your headphones on and then wear it.
We’d personally like for Cabeau to make the pocket a little bigger, because we found we couldn’t use it when our phone had the case on. Also, the iPhone 5 or 5s would stick out a bit, and the 6 just wouldn't fit at all. So, while it's a good idea, Cabeau just needs to make it bigger.
The Cabeau Evolution Pillow also comes with this nice little carrying case, and it has this strap too that makes it more compressed. It actually becomes quite portable when used in this manner. It enables you to just roll it up, kind of like a cinnamon roll (it does resemble that). After you’re done putting it away, you just toss it into your backpack, and it’s really nice and compact.
You’ll notice there’s also a zipper, which makes this cover removable – other than that, that's all there is to it. A great travel pillow for those that want something easy to use and fold away.
- Please search "Evolution S3" for our significantly improved and newest pillow.
- PREMIUM MEMORY FOAM: Made with plush, high quality memory foam, the Evolution Pillow is responsive to your adjustments and offers you the head, neck, and chin support you need to travel and rest better.
- WASHABLE COVER: Made out of high quality soft velour, the Cabeau Evolution Memory Foam Travel Neck Pillow includes a removable and washable cover that makes cleaning a breeze and eliminating germs easy. It's like taking a new pillow with you on every trip.
- TRAVEL BAG: The Evolution Pillow Travel Neck Pillow was built for convenience and portability. It comes with a small travel bag that allows the neck pillow to compress down to ½ its size so you can relax on airplane trips. You can even use the bag's outside straps to attach to your luggage to save space.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Cabeau is committed to your complete satisfaction. Accordingly, we will replace all damaged or defective products due to materials or workmanship, upon your receipt of product. So get your must-have airline accessory and travel companion.
The Travelrest Pillow is really compact, nice, and quite lightweight; it’s also an inflatable pillow. Here’s a little primer how it works. First off, you just unbutton and unroll it, and it's got a valve so you can inflate it with (as you would expect).
We were actually really surprised by how easy it is to inflate, because it only took like three or four breaths to fill up the whole thing! After you’re done, you just clasp it and you’re all set. The Travelrest is actually a really different, kind of weird shape, something like a banana!
There’s also a clip that you can just clip on to save the seatbelts on a plane, or in a car. There’s also a string; you can actually hook this up to save the headrest in your car and then attach it to the bottom of the seatbelt.
The pillow will then run along the seatbelt. And that's just one way you could wear it when you’re in a car. If you're not in a car you can just clamp it around and you’ve got something similar to a guitar strap.
You just put it around your head and hold onto the bottom and then you’ve got a really nice supportive pillow. It’s like almost always being at the aisle seat – you can always lean on the window, except this is more comfortable than a window thankfully.
We used the Travelrest Pillow with an add-on memory foam, which is kind of a really soft cove; it only cost a little extra and it a worthwhile add on to it, as it has some memory foam inserts, which makes the whole pillow even softer.
We'd highly recommend this for car travel or plane travel, although it can be a bit of a hassle and isn’t the most stylish pillow you can get. We do like how it is inflatable and very compact when not in use, and is very easy to dismantle, you can just have to unclasp it, press the little flap down and roll it up.
After that, you’re done. You can then hook it around and save the handle on your suitcase or backpack, you'll be good to go. Another great pillow!
- The only product that provides FULL LATERAL SUPPORT for the upper body making it easier to relax, fall asleep, and stay asleep longer.
- Promotes proper head and neck and cervical alignment - KEEPS HEAD FROM FALLING FORWARD. Ideal for chronic pain sufferers. INFLATES EASILY with just a few breaths and DEFLATES INSTANTLY. Stores neatly when rolled to minimize packing space.
- ERGONOMIC Patented design provides proper support to prevent tension and neck strain.
- MULTI-USE AND ADJUSTABLE - Position across the torso or down the side. Wear like a messenger bag or tether to an airline seat. Easily loops over headrests in cars and airline seats. See our instructional sheet and videos. Rolled Dimensions: 2 x 9 x 3.5 inches. Weight: 7 ounces
- INFLATABLE - WASHABLE - ADJUSTABLE: Adults & kids older than 8 years. Great for airplanes, buses, trains, cars, camping, backpacking, wheelchairs, airport terminals, watching TV. 2-Year WARRANTY. Great GIFT! OPTIONAL PLUSH COVER SOLD SEPARATELY Luxurious Travelrest velour and memory foam COVER also sold on Amazon.
This next pillow is the Purefly, marked as the Purelfy Inflatable Travel Pillow. It’s a really cool product, and works really great for travelling on an airplane, or just when you're out and about, such as being at a hotel, or even if you're just at home sitting at a sofa.
The Purefly works great, and is well constructed to support your neck, so you don't get those weird quirks that you get when you're flying. With this, that doesn’t happen. It's a really cool design in terms of just the pillow itself.
There are two knobs at the top which help to support your head and neck in the right way. And because it's inflatable, you can make it is as firm or soft as you want. What's really cool is the way it inflates and it has a built-in hub. You’ll be able to see the built-in pump and the valve quite easily, the latter of which deflates quite easily.
All you have to do is press the valve and the air starts come out. When you inflate it, you just have the valve open and you use the built-pump to pump it up.
Pumping takes about 30 seconds, maybe a minute if you're slow. But about 30 seconds to fully inflate it. And again, you get it to the firmness or softness that you want – however much you want it to have.
When you’re done with it, you just close the flap, so the air can’t get out. And then you're good to go. The Purefly also has a nice velvety soft cover.
There's also a zipper on the back, so the cover can come off if you want it to. When it's deflated you can take that cover off and wash it if you need to. As we said before, it's a very nice soft cover, is very comfortable and easy to remove if you have an accident on the plane – you’ll have a way to wash it easily.
The Purefly also comes with a cool little carrying case. Put pop it in, and you’ll see how small it is when it's deflated; that's the other thing we love about this. There are times when we wanted to take one of these, but we already had the roll on carry on and also a computer bag with us. This would be just another thing we had to take with us in any other circumstance.
But with this, when it’s deflated, it's so small that it fits in snugly and you can just throw it in your computer bag, or in your carry on. From there you can just pull it out really quickly when you're ready to use it and when you're done, like when you’re landing, you can just deflate it and put it away with minimal effort.
Anyway, this is a really awesome product by Purefly, and is fairly affordable (about between $15-20, depending if it's on sale). Check it out for yourself; it's very highly reviewed – and we love it too!
- INFLATES WITH A BUTTON- INVENTION OF THE YEAR 2019- Press repeatedly on the lower profile of the pillow till you reach your expected inflation! To release the air, push double sealed black air valve given on the pillow.
- SCIENTIFIC DESIGN- The innovative design will give you utmost comfort by providing a'Raised Neck Support' to hold your head upright and maintain proper neck alignment!
- SOFT VELVET MATERIAL AND WASHABLE COVER- It is manufactured with very soft, micro-velvet fabric that is very light-weight but with intrinsic robust quality. Besides, the cover is removable and washable.
- FREE ATTRACTIVE PACK-SACK PROVIDED- After using - you can press the air valve to release the air - fold it & keep it in the beautiful pack-sack provided free of cost!
- A VERSATILE MULTI-PURPOSE PRODUCT- Great travel companion with no bulk feel.- PERFECT GIFT FOR YOUR LOVED ONES - Moreover,it is good friend for watching movies at home or sleeping in office. We provide free replacement or refund guarantee for 3 years!! For any questions or problems please contact us at Email: cs@CKeep.com
Choosing the Best Travel Pillow For Your Needs
So we’ve shown you some of our favourite travel pillows – but how do you make the decision yourself if none of these take your fancy?
Well, there are certainly a ton to choose from when looking for the best travel pillow. Here, we’ve put together a list of factors for you to take into consideration so you know you're picking the right pillow.
It probably goes without saying that size is an important factor in picking the best travel pillow for you. This is especially if you're in an economy seat, or if you've got a middle seat, you probably don't want to bring your standard bed pillow on with you.
You should make sure you think about the size of the pillow, and also think about whether or not you can compact it into a smaller size that you could throw into your carry on for example, so you've got more of your hands free when you're getting on the plane.
Another thing to think about is how long your flight is. Is it a long haul international flight? You're going to need to sleep for multiple hours on this flight. Think about finding a pillow that can sustain and support your head and neck long enough to provide restful sleep.
Another thing consider is how are you getting to your final destination – are you taking a train, are you driving or are you going to be on a plane? There are some options out there that are better suited for different modes of transportation, so think about that when you're picking your pillow and you're guaranteed to find a better fit.
So the travel pillows out there today come in all different fabric covers, styles and all different kinds of fillings. Try to think about what kind of sleeping pose you use at home and translate that when you're picking out your travel pillow.
Are you more of a firm pillow person? Maybe you like a memory foam filling perhaps? How about a plush fabric cover over something that's a little bit more waterproof? There are all different options, but we think the best way to start is definitely to take a look at what you use at home, what you enjoy and go from there.
You can also help narrow your search for the right travel pillow down by functionality. Pillows do all sorts of different things these days in addition to providing support and comfort. We've got pillows that have built in smartphone holders, ones that have attached hoods (so you can create some privacy for yourself on a plane or train) – the sky is the limit with what your pillow can do for you, so that's definitely worth checking out and thinking about when you're making your decision.
Last but not least, is the price of the pillow. Don't worry, you can definitely find an affordable pillow that's still going to be a great fit for you. It really all depends on your budget, and what you feel is good enough for you for the money you’re spending.
The Best Travel Pillow for Your Needs
Picking the best travel pillow can be daunting but doing adequate research can help you get just the one you need. Take a look at our suggestions above and decide what is best for you!